Sunday, February 07, 2010

Offshoring the Stock Market

Offshoring the Stock Exchange

In today's wired world, financial markets are easy to move about. If costs are lower elsewhere, companies and consumers will leave higher priced venues for a better deal. Some agressive marketing also helps.

A small Canadian stock exchange that promises companies lower fees and fewer financial reporting requirements is courting Arizona businesses in search of capital...

The exchange charges companies less money to be listed and provides a more "streamlined" process for reporting financial results and other information to investors and brokers than large exchanges such as the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq, President Robert Cook said.

Will anyone lament the loss of jobs this causes on Wall Street?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Robert said...

Small business
Small Business owners are largely forgotten. Thats why I only focus on them. I have experience several members of my family file bankruptcy due to small business failures. I also I suffered through 2 destroyed businesses due to failure however, in my failings I have learned some of the secrets to success. (Who can say they know it all?)
What I like about small business owners is that they are not afraid to take huge risks and lay it all on the line. But, I agree they do need a lot of help with their marketing. I think having them go the social media and email route is not only the least expensive but its also the most effective. Thanks for the stats!
www.onlineuniversalwork.com

February 8, 2010 at 12:41:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home