Sunday, March 27, 2011

Uncertainty and Unemployment

Uncertainty and Unemployment

Yet more indications that it's uncertainty that's impeding job creation.

But a key reason executives give for not expanding and diversifying their operations and adding more aggressively to their staffs is less tangible, but often cited: Uncertainty.

Also

But the employment outlook won't improve until employers' confidence in the future, and in their future business, grows to a higher level.

"American businesses respond well to certainty," said Jonas McCormick, managing partner of financial firm Deloitte & Touche LLP in Phoenix. "That certainty could be good news or bad news. But at least when they know what it is, they know how to react and how to respond to it.

"What American businesses don't respond well to is uncertainty."

As they say, read the whole thing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Al Schafer said...

Great post, and your right, it has been harder to find jobs in Phoenix. I was looking for a long time and sent out a lot of resumes but no call backs. It forced me to go back and take some Microsoft training in Phoenix - www.dwwtc.com/microsoft/ I'm just restarting my search, but at least now I have something new that helps set me apart from the competition.

June 7, 2011 at 2:29:00 PM MST  
Anonymous james moylan said...

I have a web site where I give advise on penny stocks and stocks under five dollars. I have many years of experience with these type of stocks . If their is anyone that is interested in these type of stocks you can check out my web site by just clicking my name. I would like to comment about double digit inflation. I am very disturbed by the lack of progress on cutting the budget deficit. It will require large tax increases and budget cuts to bring the deficit under control. When nobody will buy the debt obligations of the united states than the buyer of last resort will emerge and who might be that buyer of last resort’ the government itself. in other words the massive money printing will have begun welcome weimar republic two thousand ?

July 19, 2011 at 11:25:00 AM MST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home