Sunday, February 17, 2008

Getting your stimulus

Just a note on the mechanics of receiving your economic stimulus - you need to file your 2007 tax return first.

WASHINGTON - The only way to receive a rebate from the economic stimulus package is to file a tax return, the Internal Revenue Service said Friday. That includes recipients of Social Security and veterans' benefits who do not normally need to file returns.

The IRS said some low-income people who are not required to file will be eligible to receive payments of $300, or $600 on joint returns, if they had at least $3,000 in qualifying income. But to do so they must file a return.

For more information see this on the IRS web site.




Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home